Weekend at a wonderland






I visited my grandparents in village
After a hectic week of monotony
I stepped out to the surrounding in one evening
What a breathtaking beautiful transformation
of the simple village to a silvery wonderland

It was indeed a luxurious midnight feast to break my monotonous routine

The moonlight night was a time of rejoicing
With all soothing scenery in front of me
The croaking of frogs, the sharp chirping
of grasshoppers  and myriads of other night insects
broke the eerie silence on and off

I remember   during the school vacation
how we were singing to the silver moon
 which seemed to be looking down on us lovingly
how we ran with the moon peeping through trees and clouds

What a wonderful playmate the moon could be with little children

Gazing up at the sky which was peaceful and serene
how I wished I could be one of those little fleecy clouds
 kissing the moon’s face as it sailed along

Immersed in the milky white glow my heart again sang to the moon with joy



I sat under the lovable bamboo grove
Closed my eyes and listened to the soothing,
lilting melody Which I knew at that moment

 was meant to me

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.